ERG Group is a major international engineering and construction business, which has been in operation since 1969. The group develops and operates complex infrastructure assets in the power and transportation sectors.
The company is looking for a Financial Controller to support its European subsidiaries. The role requires a general understanding of engineering project development and construction practices, ability to analyse commercial and accounting data flows, perform operational and financial control assurances and audits
- Reporting to Group CFO, review/ validate monthly, quarterly and annual accounts for projects and operating entities, in line with internal FM processes
- Background monitoring, analysis, escalation and reconciliation of reporting entities’ ledgers. Escalate potential delays or issues.
- Produce month end analytics and trend data to assist with the review and validation of financial results – prepare monthly balance sheet and P&L analysis and commentary on results and variances.
- Lead internal periodic audit processes – lead project team in planning, managing and executing internal audits, with adherence requirements to local GAAP/IFRS accounting and ISA auditing policies.
- Interface seamlessly with local accountants and various internal departments and counterparties – respond to and resolve queries on a timely basis from the project development and finance colleagues as they arise
- Test and enhance group’s evolving back office reporting systems. Develop technical update requirements to systems and business processes as required
- Occasional travel to overseas project delivery sites
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Accounting or Finance, ACA/ACCA qualified
- 3-5 years of practical project accounting/auditing experience within construction, transportation or power industries
- Working knowledge of major accounting platforms – e.g., SAP, Oracle NetSuite
- Experience of preparation of group accounts, IFRS multicurrency audits
- Good communication and FM reporting skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent maths skills
- Self-starter, capable to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Foreign languages are a plus
Competitive base salary, pension, 25 days of annual leave, medical insurance
Should this position within ERG International Group be of interest to you, we would ask you please to send in your CV via our enquires link on the careers page. Please place the position title with in the subject heading of the email pop up. Once submitted, one of our team will get back to you as soon as we are able. Thank you and we wish you the best of luck with your application.