ERG Group is a major international engineering and construction business, which has been in operation since 1969. The group develops and operates complex infrastructure assets in the power and transportation sectors.
The company is looking for a Procurement specialist to support its European subsidiaries on international procurement for infrastructure construction projects including rail, road, and renewables.
- Reporting to Project Director to develop procurement strategies for projects
- Identify most competitive international pricing and source sub-contractors and goods and services
- Forecast costs of different goods and services and subcontractor efforts needed for major infrastructure projects
- Works with engineering and QS teams to develop budgets according to bills of quantities and other related calculations
- Support bidding documents and contracts; keep abreast with changes to design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Negotiate scopes of services and work schedules with preferred suppliers and subcontractors
- Evaluate most cost effective option (lease or buy alternatives)
- Take active role in preparations of construction and maintenance contracts and other related legal documentation with suppliers
- Arrange the logistics, transportation, shipping, customs, insurance, incoterms for goods and services worldwide
- Validate and sign-off suppliers and subcontractors invoices.
- Liaise with QS, engineering and client technical and commercial officers and advisers.
- 8+ years demonstrable experience within procurement and supply chain management within infrastructure projects.
- Expert knowledge of the procurement lifecycle, commercial implications, and contracts.
- Adequate numerical and data analysis Excel skills
- Good awareness of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, commercial and construction legal matters.
- You will have knowledge of regulations supporting procurement and a good understanding of governance and legislation surrounding procurement internally and externally
- You will have proven experience of leading and managing a commercial team, with the capability to assemble, lead and motivate a diverse, inclusive, high performing team
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Proactive self-starter
- Foreign languages are a plus
Competitive salary, 25 days of annual leave, medical and dental insurance
Should this position within ERG International Group be of interest to you, we would ask you please to send in your CV via our enquires link on the careers page. Please place the position title with in the subject heading of the email pop up. Once submitted, one of our team will get back to you as soon as we are able. Thank you and we wish you the best of luck with your application.