ERG Group is a major international engineering and construction business, which has been in operation since 1969. The group develops and operates complex infrastructure assets in the power and transportation sectors.
The company is looking for an experienced Accountant to support its European subsidiaries. The role requires a general understanding of engineering project development and construction practices, ability to analyse commercial and operational inputs, develop effective interfaces with project development teams, solve commercial and accounting issues raised internally and externally.
- Reporting to Group CFO, run project SPV/operating entity accounts in specialist software packages. Collect and validate purchases and sales invoices issued by dedicated commercial managers, raising issues when required, and providing solutions
- Prepare payment orders and request disbursements
- Document and file financial transactions in compliance with internal and external audit requirements
- Day-to-day bookkeeping and processing entries on project accounting platforms, reconciling discrepancies, ensure accurate monthly SAP close out
- Assist on tax matters, including preparation of tax filings
- Develop standardised and ad-hoc periodic project financial management reports and forecasts (e.g., balance sheets, P&L, cashflow, receivables, accruals, %completion, contingencies etc)
- Ensure compliance of accounting entries and reports with local and international financial reporting requirements, advising management on needed actions.
- Answer accounting policy and regulations questions.
- Secure integrity and confidentiality of financial information by completing required database backups and following internal controls
- Other related ad-hoc activities and deliverable as required
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics, ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified
- 3-5 years of practical accounting experience within construction, transportation or power industries
- Good communication and FM reporting skills
- Strong maths, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of accounting platforms (Xero, Sage, Freeagent, SAP, Oracle, 1C etc)
- Proactive self-starter
- Foreign languages are a plus
Competitive base salary, pension, 25 days of annual leave, health and dental insurances
Should this position within ERG International Group be of interest to you, we would ask you please to send in your CV via our enquires link on the careers page. Please place the position title with in the subject heading of the email pop up. Once submitted, one of our team will get back to you as soon as we are able. Thank you and we wish you the best of luck with your application.